About Cochrane BMX
Our Mission Statement
Cochrane BMX association, providing leadership in the promotion and quality physical activity of cycling, where by enhancing the sport of BMX racing with a sense of community spirit. Our riders, members and volunteers are our greatest asset.
The Cochrane BMX Association
It is my pleasure to introduce you to the Cochrane BMX Association. We are a non‐profit 100% volunteer managed sports organization that was established in 1999. The Cochrane BMX Association operates a sanctioned BMX racetrack serving Cochrane, Calgary and the surrounding areas.
We are very proud of our rapidly growing membership of 150 members ranging from 4‐55 years of age with the majority of our membership being 12 and under.
Cochrane BMX race nights are Monday's and Wednesday's with the track opening at 6:00 p.m. and races starting at 7:00 p.m. Coaching nights are Tuesdays during the summer months and on Saturday's during the summer we run open track riding from 09:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and always check the calendar for up to date times.
Cochrane & District Agricultural Society - Cochrane BMX Association Track Rules
NO TRESPASSING ON THE TRACK.
- Riders must have a Track Executive present. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Mandatory riding gear to be worn at all times while riding the track.
- Full faced helmet (Chin strap buckled and secure)
- Full fingered gloves
- Long sleeve shirt (Sleeves must be pulled down to wrists)
- Long pants (Pant legs must be rolled down or shorts and shin pads meeting Alberta Bicycle Association requirements
- Good sturdy shoes (Laces must be short or safely secured)
- Swearing, bullying and bad sportsmanship will NOT be tolerated at any time on or around the track.
- Track officials and volunteers working on the track are to be treated with respect at all times.
- Guests must sign a waiver (under age riders must have waiver signed by a parent or guardian).
- No climbing or riding on the berms (top of corners).
- No stopping or cutting across the track at any time.
- All riders are required to ride the track in one direction, from start to finish.
- All riders are solely responsible for keeping their bikes in safe working condition.
- Vandalism will not be tolerated! This is your track so please treat it with respect.
- All track openings are weather/track conditions permitting and subject to change.
- NO smoking and NO alcohol consumption permitted inside the fence at any time. If you have consumed alcohol before arriving at the track, please be advised you will not be permitted to volunteer or ride for that days events.
The Cochrane BMX Association and the Cochrane & District Agricultural Society expect that these rules will be strictly adhered to.
We will not be held responsible for any consequences that may arise should these rules not be followed.
Note: The CBMX track is operated on land leased from the Cochrane & District Agricultural Society.
- From intersection Hwy 1A (Bow Valley Trail) & Hwy 22
- Take Hwy 22 North for approximately 1km
- Then take the first left onto Range Road 43
- After approximately 400 yards
- We are the first turn on the left